How frequently you use Cultura depends in large part on whether you are on a trimester, semester or yearly schedule.
If you are on a trimester or semester schedule:
It is important to realize that Cultura, by its very nature, cannot be an adjunct to an already existing syllabus. It needs to be the centerpiece of your course. A possible scenario (based on 11 weeks):
- week 1: introduction to Cultura: approach and preliminary activities.
- weeks 2, 3 and 4: Questionnaires and their corresponding forums
- week 5: Data and forums
- weeks 6 and 7: Films and forums
- weeks 8: Newsstand and forums
- week 9: Library and forums
- weeks 10 and 11: Final projects/activities
Although the schedule above can be somewhat compressed if needs be, it is important to keep in mind that Cultura is very process-oriented and that the process cannot be shortened too much. But of course, you can skip some modules, depending on how much time you have. But again, remember that a minimum of eight weeks is recommended
If you are on a yearly schedule:
Since you have a much more extended time frame, it is possible for you to integrate Cultura into an already existing syllabus, by using it once a week for instance.